- I’m writing a NEW MOM book and I’d love your input. Your stories and tips can help another NEW MOM.
- Joan as New Mom with Baby Rich
Thanks to you who already gave me great stories. I have room for more. Need stories by June 1 unless otherwise indicated below. THX!
- I know you’re busy. Let’s make this SIMPLE. Comment below or send me a message on Facebook. You don’t have to write a perfect (or even half-perfect) story. Just give me bullet points if you want to.
- Here’s the next 8 chapters/topics. I need stories, tips, ideas, resources, Bible verses, quotes, jokes, funny experiences that answer the following questions. You can respond to none, 1, 2, or all these Q’s!
2. Chapter 2: About how life changes. As a NEW MOM how did your life change? What surprised you? Who or want helped you adjust to your new life? Need these by May 10.
3. Chapter 3: About the myriad of necessary decisions. As a NEW MOM what decisions were you faced with? Ex. When/if go back to work? Breast or bottle? What car seat? Babysitters? Feeding schedule? To let baby cry or not? How did you choose? Need these by May 17.
4. Chapter 4: About sleeplessness and foggy thinking. As a NEW MOM how did fatigue & sleeplessness affect you? What helped? What hindered? Need these by May 20.
5. Chapter 5: About daddies and your relationship with them. As a NEW MOM, how did you and your husband find time to connect? Stories, tips, cautions?
6. Chapter 6: About dealing with your emotions and body changes. As a NEW MOM, how did you deal with fluctuating emotions, body changes, weight loss/gain? Crying jags? Postpartum blues? Depression?
7. Chapter 7: About how TIME changes for you during this pre-occupying time. As a NEW MOM, what happened to your schedule, time management? You structured? Flexible? Bothered by Time? Stories, tips.
8. Chapter 8: About how your definition of LOVE changes. As a NEW MOM, how was your concept of LOVE challenged, changed? What did you anticipate you’d feel? What DID you feel? Stories, tips, resources, advice. Scripture.
9. Chapter 9: About any unrealistic expectations you, your family, friends, the church or society places on you. As a new mom, what unreasonable expectations did you have for yourself, your baby or your family? How did you try too hard to make it all just right? Stories, tips, scripture, helps, solutions?
I will not be using your full names. And will need a signed permission sheet (which I can send to you) if I use your first name or tell your story with the details you give me. I may do composite stories. Thanks for being cool with all this. Let me know if you have questions.
Relief to you today,
P.S. Yes, I know the numbers are different sizes and colors. Oh, well. A little “relief of imperfection” here!
P.P.S. Yes, you can pass this request to other MOMS who you think may have good stories/tips to share. We’re all in this to help other MOMS.
P.P.P.S. Sorry, but because this is a WORK FOR HIRE writing project, I cannot compensate you or give you a copy of the book. I will let you know when it comes out, however. And I think the book will only cost (retail) $7.99. So that’s good!