However, our loved ones have good and bad days just like you and I do. Any of us can become enmeshed in a personal "muddle" that renders us unavailable or irritating to the other. While this can be stressful and frustrating, we don't need to panic.
- To keep expectations of ourselves, other people, and our relationships healthy and reasonable.
- That our daily interactions with loved ones need not be perfect.
- That every human relationship has ups and downs.
- That we, human beings, will not always be able to meet each other's needs or desires.
- That the truth is: We can't read one another's minds and sometimes we'll get peeved.
Then celebrate "Kiss and Make Up Day 2013" by telling your loved one (friend, spouse, sister, child, parent) one thing about him/her that you're thankful for, puckering up and giving him/her a kiss--on the cheek, forehead, or right on the lips, whatever is appropriate! And if August 25 has already passed, pretend it's "Kiss and Make Up Day" and do it anyway! :-)